Woohoo there is a way of turning off my most hated Windows 7 feature

I really dislike the Windows Shake.  I have not yet been in a situation where I want to minimise all windows except for the one with primary focus.  I cannot think of a generally realistic situation where I would want to.  With the Windows Key shortcuts, the taskbar preview and the search feature this feature is certainly redundant for me.

However I can accidentally trigger it when comparing information from 3 windows and do so perhaps once every 2 weeks, hence my joy in finding out how to turn it off.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/disable-aero-shake-in-windows-7/

Does involve not just modifying the registry, but actually creating reg keys, something that is fairly uncommon unless you are manipulating your own software, but hey never knock a solution to your problems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IE9 Intranet compatibility mode in Intranet websites

User Interface Usability Checklist Part 2

Procedural VS Object Oriented